|veggie gumbo goodness|

Disclaimer: I am not a cajun food expert, by any means, so this may be a bit untraditional, but I found this recipe TASTY!

I had a craving for some cajun food, so I did some googling to see if I could find a good vegetarian recipe. I found a few for veggie gumbo and tweaked them to make this delicious concoction in my crock pot.

VEGGIE GUMBO
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 16 ounces okra (frozen, but cooked up in the microwave first)
- 1 cup corn (frozen, but you can cook in the microwave with the okra)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 1 can of spicy diced tomatoes, undrained (Rotel would work, too)
- 2 T Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- veggie boullion cube
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 T fresh basil, minced
- 1 T brown sugar

Serve over rice. This is especially tasty with garlic bread....just be sure to put some Tabasco sauce in your melted butter before slathing it on your bread.

Comments

Amanda said…
oh my! This does sound tasty! White grape juice....really?

Popular Posts