| better than canned |

I know this may come as a surprise to you, but I secretly love spaghettios. Well, I thought I did. But I bought a can about a year ago and almost gagged when I tried it. Not sure why...I loved those things as a kid. Luckily for me, one of my friends gave me a recipe for something she calls wagon wheel pasta that tastes a lot like the spaghettios of my memory. Here is my version:

SPAGHETTIOS FOR ADULTS
12 ounce box of ditallini (or other tiny pasta)
1 can tomato paste
1/2 t garlic powder
1 T sugar

Combine tomato sauce with about two cans of water, garlic, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cook until pasta is done. Stir frequently or it will get stuck to the bottom. If it gets too dry, just add more water.

And while I am on the subject of recipes that are better than canned....can I get a holla for homemade FRUIT SALAD? My favorite thing right now is to cut up a bunch of fruit (pineapples, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, apples) and then add a healthy dose of lemon juice and some sugar and water. Then...the secret ingredient? A dash of cinnamon. So good.

Comments

Popular Posts