| the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made |

For Christmas, one of my co-workers gave me a jar of cookie mix. You know the stuff. I was amazed, when I made them, to discover they were the BEST chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Ever. They were crispy on the outside and gooey-chewy on the inside. Perfection.

The ingredients are nothing special, so I think it must have been the odd technique I used to make them. Read on for details....

COOKIES IN A JAR
Layer in a wide-mouth pint jar, pressing each layer firmly before adding next ingredient.
1/4 c white sugar
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 c flour, mixed with 1/2 t. baking soda, 1/8 t. salt

Instructions on the gift:
1) Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly mix it all together.
2) Add: 6 T butter VERY soft, 1 small egg, 1/2 t. vanilla.
3) Mix until completely blended. You can use a pastry cutter or fork to help you mix in the butter. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Squish, squish.
4) Shape into balls the size of walnuts and place 2'' apart on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5) Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet, then move to rack.
Makes about 18 cookies

That's it. It's almost like making biscuits, the way I cut the butter in. I'm never getting out the stand mixer again.

Comments

Popular Posts