| perfect boiled eggs |

I adore hard-boiled eggs. I've been a quest to develop a foolproof method for years now. I hate when they won't peel. These suckers peel in one solid piece every single time. The peel just slips right off. It's amazing. I learned my method from this awesome article. It may contain waaaaay more information that you really want, though, so feel free to read and use my TL;DR version below.

1) Start with older eggs - not brand new, fresh ones.
2) Bring a large pot of water to boil.
3) Once it's at a rolling boil, carefully lower your eggs in. I use a spider to avoid splashing and cracking, but a large spoon or ladle would also work.
4) Let the water return to a LOW boil (rolling will crack your eggs) and watch them for 1-2 minutes.
5) Turn the water OFF and cover. Let it rest for 10-12 minutes, depending on how hard you want your eggs to be set.
6) When they are almost done, fill a sink or large pot with lots of ice and water. Enough to cover the eggs.
7) When your timer goes off, carefully move the eggs directly into the ice bath (again, this is where the spider is handy).
8) Let them rest in the ice bath for 15 minutes to overnight (if they're in a pot).

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts