|i made a potato|

I guess all blogs have to start somewhere. Mine started because I made a baked potato for lunch today. It was super-delicious and, after eating it, my first reaction was to immediately type up the recipe and send it to my friends. But then I realized that my friends are probably sick and tired of getting recipes from me. I have a lot of friends who like food, but it probably still gets a little old after a while. So then I thought - hey, I could start a blog about food. And I could obsess all I want and not worry about boring anyone. And, thusly, "amateur foodie" was born.

And here's the recipe that started it all...

AWESOME POTATO THING
I had some leftover black bean spread that I've been eating on pitas all week, but I was sick of eating it on pitas. So I baked a potato, cut it open, and added the following:
- about 1/4 c. of the black bean spread
- 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup other veggies (I used onions and mixed peppers)

I threw it all in the microwave for a minute and stirred. Nummers.

To make the black bean spread, mix the following in a food processor:
- can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- a smidgen of the bean juice from the can
- garlic powder
- cumin
- some onions
- little tomatoe paste
- some lime juice

Comments

Popular Posts