|who needs recipes, anyway?|

Just got back from a week-long trip and haven't been to the store yet, so there isn't much in the house. Sometimes I make up my best stuff when that's the case because you have to get creative, right? My best no-recipe cooking usually involves some kind of grain or eggs as a base, so I went with pasta today. Measured out some whole wheat penne and threw salt and garlic into the water. About halfway through the boiling, I added in a half-cup of frozen, shelled edamame. After it finished cooking, I drained it, then tossed it with a teaspoon of olive oil, a handful of fresh cilantro (which is currently threatening to take over the front yard), a tablespoon of tomato paste (I buy it in cans and then keep it in reused jars in the fridge). It wasn't quite right yet, so I added a dash of cayenne powder.

Perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts