| green pasta |

I have had this recipe in my "recipes to try" file for ages, but just now finally got around to it. As usual, I tweaked it according to the items we had on hand and my basic laziness. It turned out great. A nice simple pasta dish that is super fast and versatile. This sauce would work well with virtually any veggie and I think next time we'll add some chickpeas or white beans for protein.

I made the sauce ahead of time and left it in the fridge in a mason jar. Then when it was time to cook I just shook it up and heated it. The entire thing took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. WIN.

GREEN PASTA
1 T olive oil (or your favorite fat)
1 box frozen spinach
1 bag frozen peas
1 1/2 cup whole milk (or lighter or heavier, according to your preferences)
1 T veggie bouillon powder (chicken would be fine, too)
2 t cornstarch
1 t sesame oil (I used toasted for extra flavor)
1 T whole grain mustard (I am a sucker for Maille)
2 T chopped fresh parsley
12-16 oz pasta (I used rotini)

Ahead of time prep: Pour boiling water onto the spinach and let it sit for a while to get thawed out (a few hours?). Drain before using. Put peas on counter to thaw, too. Combine the milk through mustard in a container to save prep time.

To cook: Bring water to a boil for your pasta. While pasta is cooking, put 1 T oil in a sauce pan and add the spinach (squeezed out first). Warm it, then add the milk mixture and cook until the sauce is warm and starting to thicken. Add the peas and warm again. Add the parsley. Once the pasta is done, drain it and then toss it with the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.

Comments

Popular Posts