| hearty spiced lentil and spinach soup |

Started to make one of my favorite soup recipes tonight and then experimented and ended up with something else entirely. This turned out to be one of my favorite soup creations ever, so I'm going to write down the recipe for once.

HEARTY SPICED LENTIL AND SPINACH SOUP
2 T butter (oil, if you'd prefer)
1 diced onion
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1/4 c dry lentils (I prefer French)
3/4 rice (I used a mixture of wild rice and white cause that's what I had on hand)
2 t smoked paprika
1 T curry
6 c vegetable broth
2 T tomato paste
1 can of coconut milk
10 oz frozen spinach
Salt and pepper to taste.

1) Sauté the onion in the melted butter or oil. When the onions are soft, add the garlic, lentils, rice and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
2) Add spices, broth, tomato paste, and coconut milk.
3) Add spinach and bring back up to a simmer. Cover and stir occasionally until rice and lentils are cooked (about 30-45 minutes)
4) Salt and pepper to taste.



Comments

Popular Posts