|and then i had some squash soup|

Some things just aren't worth making. I'm gonna have to say that squash soup is one of those things. I should probably start this post by explaining that I love squash....of all kinds....in everything. It's just such a pain in the patootie to make. And making soup out of it is even worse because you have to bake it, let it cool, scoop it out, cook a bunch of other stuff, and then puree the whole thing. Yikes. Of course, the end result is heavenly.

Fortunately, there is a better way. I just discovered Campbell's has butternut squash soup in those funny little cardboard containers. What are those called? It's the same thing tofu comes in. Anyhoo, I grabbed some at the store last week because a friend had just had the hubby and me over for HOMEMADE squash soup (which was amazing) and I knew I'd be craving it again soon.

So I tried it tonight and it was awesome. Not quite as good as the homemade, but man it was darn close. And since it took roughly 2 minutes to make instead of 2 hours, I think I'll be buying a few more boxes. (Boxes...of soup...feels weird to say).

My friend gave me the real recipe for her soup. From another friend. Based on The Joy of Cooking and I'm sure I'll give it a try at some point. More for the joy of having it homemade than out of necessity. And isn't it nice to have the option?

RECIPE FOR BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1) Get in your car or on the bus or put on your walking shoes or get on your bike (don't forget the helmet).
2) Go to your local grocery store and head to the food aisle (if biking, leave your bike outside...same goes for the car).
3) Buy the Campbells butternut squash soup in the BOX. Go ahead and get two. for sure.
4) Go home.
5) Open the box and pour it into a pan.
6) Heat it up.
7) Bliss out.

Comments

sandy said…
I bought some squash soup again since I had let mine expire! Perhaps I will try it tomorrow! Fun that you have a blog. I keep thinking I will do one too...but can't find time, plus I am not very interesting. :0)

ILY

Popular Posts