|i heart my freezer, part one: ice trays|

I am not typically a person who likes a lot of stuff cluttering up my house. For example, my husband and I are making it our mission in life to ensure we never have a storage space. If you don't have room for it in your house, you don't need it. That being said, I do covet one storage-y item. Someday I want to have a giant freezer in my garage or basement so that I can freeze everything in the world. So, so handy and lovely.

That being said, I present to you my ode to freezers, part one....the beauty of ice cube trays. You can freeze all kinds of fun things in ice cube trays. Like when you were a kid and would make mini popsicles in them, remember? These days, my favorite things to freeze are pesto and broth. You just make up a ton of pesto (I love the cilantro kind, but basil is fine, too) then put them into the trays. Freeze them, then pop them out and put them in a big zip baggie. Whenever you need a little oomph in your pasta add a couple cubes. Nummy nummers. The same can be done with broth or stock.

What are your favorite things to freeze in ice cube trays?

Comments

Amanda said…
Ok, I'll be honest. One of the things I use ice cube trays for most....is to freeze homemade baby food. It's the perfect size! Just make a big batch of a prunes (don't gag, babies love the stuff) and fill the ice cube trays with it and freeze. When it's all done, pop it in zip lock bags and it's the perfect size for a meal. Gees...I'm such a mom.
kristin :) said…
I am call it success if I actually have ice (made from water) in my ice trays as usually they end up on top of the fridge to make room for more things in the freezer. :)

Popular Posts