|on the importance of frozen rice|

I don't remember where I learned that you can freeze cook rice, but it has truly changed my life. Every time we make rice, I almost always make extra and then I freeze it in those snack-sized zips (they hold about a cup). When I come home and am starving and we have "nothing to eat" I always use those frozen bags of rice as a fall back.

Today, I thought we had "nothing to eat" for lunch, but I popped a bag of rice in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Then I rummaged around in the fridge and found a few leftover veggies from a crudite platter. In less than 10 minutes I had super awesome stir fry....broccoli, celery, carrots, garlic, tofu, sesame oil, soy sauce, and frozen rice. Tasted better than any of the local Chinese places and it was faster, too.

I love frozen rice.

Comments

Popular Posts