|i accidentally made polenta nachos|

If you've never had polenta in tube, I highly recommend it. It's basically like very firm grits in a tube. You slice it into little rounds and then fry it up in a pan (I just use some nonstick spray). I like to eat it with all kinds of stuff on top of it. Tonight, I made up a Mexican kind of dish to put on top of the polenta. When I was done, I realized that it looked and tasted a lot like nachos. Yum!

POLENTA NACHOS:
  1. In a small pan, saute 1/2 a finely diced onion in about a teaspoon of oil. Add in about a tablespoon minced garlic and about a tablespoon of canned green chiles. Saute until the onions are soft. Add about a teaspoon each of cumin and chili powder and stir.
  2. In another skillet, start frying your polenta slices.
  3. Add 1 cup of rinsed black beans (canned), about 1/2 cup drained diced tomatoes (canned), and about 1/3 cup salsa (I used salsa verde). Heat through. Season at the end with salt, pepper, and a splash of lime juice.
  4. Arrange the polenta rounds on a plate and pile up the bean mixture on top. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce per serving).
This makes 2 big servings that are about 7 WW points each. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts