| hidden veggies |

I'm not usually a huge fan of hiding my veggies because I like them up-front and featured. And yet, I know that some people like to hide them...especially if they're trying to get kids to eat them. Here's a quick, easy, healthy way to hide some veggies in a tex-mexy mac n' cheese. I stole this recipe from Weight Watchers once upon a time and then changed it over the years.

Macaroni and Cheese and Squash - Serves 4

1) Boil about 8-10 ounces of macaroni (I use whole wheat).

2) In a saucepan, combine squash, ½ a can of evaporated milk, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. For the squash you can use a can of pumpkin, two large jars of baby food squash, or a container of frozen butternut squash that’s pureed.

3) After the cheese mixture melts, combine it with the drained pasta and a drained can of Rotel. I also like to add in a can of drained black beans.

Comments

Popular Posts