| favorite pancakes |

I have a love-hate relationship with pancakes. I love to eat them, but I hate how they make me feel after. I always feel gross. And I always end up hungry about five minutes later.

These pancakes from Moosewood are perfect for me. They are just the right combination of hearty and fluffy. They soak up syrup well. They come together quickly. And, best of all, they make my tummy feel happy and full - not gross and hungry.


Moosewood Whole Grain Pancakes
1/4 c whole flaxseeds
1/2 c rolled oats
1 c whole wheat flour (reg or pastry)
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
2 large eggs
1 c buttermilk or plain yogurt or Kefir
1/4 c olive oil
1 c water

1) In a blender, whir the flax seeds and oats until they're the consistency of corn meal. Or do like I did and just say, "Wait, the consistency of cornmeal? Couldn't I just use cornmeal and avoid this step?" Yes, yes you can.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
3) Beat together all the dry wet ingredients with a  whisk or fork.
4) Pour the wet into the dry and stir until combined.
5) Cook the pancakes. NOM NOM NOM.

Comments

Popular Posts