| beer & chocolate chili with a side of sugar cookies|

We're headed out this afternoon for our first Christmas event - a Hanging of the Green at our church, followed by a chili supper. We're taking my favorite sugar cookies ever (Yes, go ahead and click through. YES, you want to make these NOW!). We're also taking along this delicious and crazy-simple chili that we just ate at my mom's house last week. Don't know where she got the recipe, but I'll update if she lets me know.

The original name of the recipe was "three bean chili" but, truly, that hardly does it justice. So I'm rechristening it....

BEER & CHOCOLATE CHILI
6 cans of beans, rinsed and drained (I used a can each of black, pinto, white, garbanzo, hominy, and corn - yes, I know those last two aren't beans)
2 cans of Rotel (or one can of Rotel and one can of diced tomatoes if you want it less spicy), UNDRAINED
2 cans broth or beer (I used Guinness)
6 T chocolate syrup
2 T chili powder
1 1/2 T Cajun seasoning (make your own and please omit the salt OR use store bought - if you use store bought you need to use NO SODIUM versions of the beans or it will be way too salty - trust me on this, I like salt)

Put all in slow-cooker, and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.  
Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.  Makes 8 large servings.

Comments

sandy said…
Well, it's like this! I knew you were coming to town, so I Googled "vegetarian soup slow cooker" and that one, previously called 'three bean chili' was one of the first that came up! So glad you liked it, adapted it and gave it a new name! Sure an easy one! And you new name is SO much more fun!
Georgann said…
Of course you used Guiness! love this. and will try it soon.

Popular Posts