|fakon|

There aren't a lot of meaty things that I miss since going vegetarian, but BLTs are one of them. I probably think about a BLT at least once a week. With tomato season just around the corner, I decided I needed to find a good option so I could make it through the summer. I had heard good things about Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips (or as I prefer to call them: "fakon"), so I gave them a try.

Verdict in two parts: they look like dog treats, but they taste pretty much like bacon! Much rejoicing! Also, you can have two big strips for 1 WW point. Mmm.

I had one crumbled up in a tortilla with eggs and cheese. I ate one by itself. Both delicious. I'll have to get back with you in a few months on the BLT front because I refuse to eat tomatoes that aren't in season (what's the point?). But I am thinking it's going to be a good summer for BLTs. Mmmmm.

Comments

Popular Posts