|lest you think i'm a food snob|

Most of the stuff I post about on here is pretty unusual or fancy-schmancy stuff (or at least it's not Doritos and beer - not that there's anything wrong with Doritos and beer..mmmm). But in case you think that I never cook with any "normal' ingredients, I'd like to share one of my favorite soup recipes. If you grew up eating vats of Rotel and Velveeta dip, you'll love this stuff.

I don't remember where I got the recipe...I think it was a Weight Watchers message board many moons ago.

CHEESY ROTEL SOUP:
Open two bags of frozen mixed vegetables (32 oz. total - any variety). Microwave them according to package directions (usually by adding about a cup of water and then 5-6 minutes).

Meanwhile, boil 1 1/2 cups of water and add a boullion cube to it (I use veggie, you could also use chicken). Also, dice up in big chunks 8 ounces of light Velveeta.

Combine the veggie broth, Velveeta, veggies (drained), and one can of Rotel (undrained). Heat through until all the cheese is melted and the whole thing is bubbly.

This makes 6 servings of a cup each. Tons of veggies. Very comfort-food worthy. 2 points each serving on WW.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts