|i am such a sucker for greens|

I only recently discovered that you can cook almost any kind of greens. I know, I know - most people probably already know this, but it took me a long time to move from canned spinach to frozen spinach to bagged collard greens to FULL ON greens of all varieties. Today in our CSA, we got a bunch of fresh beets (side note: my husband actually said he wants to eat them, which I was initially excited about because he has never eaten beets before, but when I saw there were only FOUR beets I actually got a little bummed because that means fewer beets for me). Anyway, we got beets and I was going to throw out the tops because I didn't think I would have time to saute them (lazy, I know).

But then...THEN I saw that we had garlic scapes in our basket of goodies. I had read about them recently and was dying to try some. So it was on. I cut up my little scapes. I cut some green onions (also in the basket of wonder) and then sauted up my beet greens. Threw on some salt and pepper and now I have an awesome little side for lunch tomorrow.

Mmmm, mmmmm.

Comments

Popular Posts