|green beans|

We've been getting fresh green beans the past three weeks in our CSA shares. This week, I'd estimate we got about 4 pounds. Yikes! Good thing I love green beans. My favorite way to cook them is this...

STEP ONE: Trim the ends, but leave them really long.
STEP TWO: Cover in water and boil the hell out of them (meaning about 25 minutes). This ensures no squeakiness.
STEP THREE: Drain and then dress with olive oil, salt, pepper, and shake on a few sliced almonds. I know they're all processed and, therefore, evil - but I love, love, LOVE those Almond Accents that they sell by the lettuce in the grocery store.

Enjoy! YUM!

Also - for anyone else struggling with massive quantities of cucumbers right now, let me share with you my favorite way to eat cukes: cut into spears, dress with salt, and lime juice. Delicious fresh or after about a day.

Comments

Popular Posts