|instead of a baked potato|

My husband always laughs at me because my favorite thing to eat is usually a whole mess of vegetables on top of some sort of starch. When we were losing weight together while living on campus, I would frequently get a bunch of veggies off the salad bar and steam them in the microwave with Italian dressing on them, then dump it all on a baked potato. Yum.

Tonight I was going to do a variation of that, but decided I wasn't really in the mood for a baked potato, so I did this instead...

GREENY NON-BAKED POTATO GOODNESS
  1. Dice a potato. Stick it in the microwave with a little water for about 4 minutes. Drain, then throw in a skillet with about a teaspoon of olive oil to finish cooking. Salt and pepper at the end.
  2. Meanwhile, dice up an onion and start sauteeing it with a little olive oil and garlic (in a differents skillet). P.S. If you don't already have a giant jar of pre-minced garlic in your fridge, you should really get one at the store.
  3. Chop up some broccoli and steam it for a couple minutes in the microwave. (You can use the stalks, too - just peel them and dice them).
  4. Throw the broccoli in the onion skillet. Add a big ol' handful of greens (I used kale tonight). Add a sliced mushroom, too.
  5. Salt and pepper the vegs when they're done.
  6. Add the potatoes.
  7. Top the whole thing off with a couple splashes of vinegar.
  8. Put in a giant bowl and enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts