|delicious tofu creation|

I was craving some tofu but sick of the regular stir fry type thing I usually make, so I made this. It turned out amazing.

FLAVORFUL BROWN RICE AND TASTY TOFU
  1. In my rice cooker, I put in enough brown rice and water to make 4 cups. With the rice and water, I added a large handful of chopped kale, 3 large mushrooms (sliced), a grated carrot, and a thumb-sized piece of ginger (peeled, but not cut up).
  2. While the rice was cooking, I made the tofu in the oven....heat to about 375 and take a block of extra firm tofu and cube it up. Mix together a couple tablespoons soy, a couple teaspoons oil, and some minced garlic. Add a couple teaspoons of lemon juice, too. Put the tofu in a casserole dish and pour the sauce on top of it. Stir until all the tofu is covered. Bake about 30 minutes, stir. Bake another 15-30 minutes.
  3. When the rice is done, fish out the ginger and discard. Put it into four bowls and top each one with 1/4 of the tofu and a splash of olive or sesame oil. Add some sliced water chesnuts and a splash of soy.
  4. Enjoy! This is so surprisingly flavorful.

Comments

Popular Posts