| pita pizzadillas |

This idea is so incredibly simple, I feel kind of dumb posting it. But, hey, I'm 30 years old and never thought to do it before today, so maybe it will help you out, too. I hereby christen this creation Pita Pizzadilla. I'm sure, much like when I "invented" ice skates as a child by thinking about tying butter knives to the bottom of shoes, someone else has already invented this.

Here's what you do:

  1. Open up a split pita half. Spoon in some marinara or pizza sauce.
  2. Add some chopped veggies/toppings. I used green pepper and black olives, cause that's what I had on hand.
  3. Stuff full with shredded mozzarella cheese (or your favorite pizza cheese - perhaps provolone for those of you from OH-IO?).
  4. Lay flat on a cast iron skillet (or whatever you would normally make a quesadilla in). Put a panina press on top (or don't, if you don't have one). 
  5. Cook until all melty and starting to get crispy on the outside.
  6. Take off heat. Let cool for a couple minutes. Slice into 3-4 triangles.
It tastes like what I imagine a Hot Pocket would take like if Hot Pockets tasted good.

Comments

Marie said…
I've never thought of that! I'm going to make that for lunch tomorrow. Thanks Caela!!

Popular Posts