| potato muffin paradise |

I don't usually do a straight-up link to a recipe, but this is just too good to pass up. Tiny Mushroom-Potato Muffins at Vegelicious. They shall henceforth be rechristened "tiny potato pieces of heaven."


I made these for some friends as an appetizer/bread situation when we were having pasta for dinner. I made a non-vegan version (used real butter and real eggs). They were perfect in every way. Easy to make, fluffy, savory, fancy-looking, delectable.

I think one of my favorite things about them is the idea of what else could be done. The author mentions throwing in sun dried tomatoes or olives. I could also see adding some parmesan cheese. Or roasted red peppers. What else can you think of? I also wonder what might happen if we did them with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Or a root vegetable mash? I love parsnips. I have a feeling I'm going to be making these quite a few times in the future.

For the record, I made a few that were regular-sized muffins (instead of mini) and they turned out great, too.

These are an awesome "bread substitute" because they're mostly vegetables (the ratio of potatoes to flour is 5 cups potatoes to 3/4 cup flour). An awesome way to get your veggies on.

Just make some. You won't regret it.

Comments

Popular Posts