| my favorite weird recipe |

I am lucky to have several friends who are awesome vegetarian cooks. My friend Lynn gave me her Word file of favorite recipes a few years ago and whenever I'm lacking inspiration, my husband and I look through it and find new recipes to try. This one, for "black bean pasta", has been a favorite of ours for a long time. When I first read it, I thought it sounded weird. I never would have tried it, but for Lynn's note "this is my favorite recipe!" Well, I knew she had great taste, so we tried it, despite it's bizarre flavor combos. Man, am I glad we did. Our one-year-old loves it, too.


Lynn's Black Bean Pasta

In dry skillet, brown 1 T sesame seeds
REMOVE from heat (or the seeds will pop) and add
3 T soy sauce (lite)
3 T balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 T dried parsley or cilantro
1T minced dried garlic
1 T minced dried onion
½ t hot pepper flakes or 1 t hot sauce
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Toss with 8 oz angel hair pasta

Comments

This is a weirdly awesome recipe. My entire family enjoyed it tonight. We added fresh parm and it was a great addition. Thanks for the great recipe! :)

Popular Posts