| brownie cake |

We're having company for dinner tonight. I have something to admit: although I am a kick-ass cook, I am a terrible baker. So I pretty much always make the same thing for dessert when people come over. Luckily for me, it's an awesome dessert. I stole it from my friend Lynn and I think she stole it from her daughter who may have stolen it from a Betty Crocker cookbook. Regardless, this is the ONE dessert recipe you need. Especially if you are baking-impaired like me.




Lynn's Chocolate Brownie Cake

No mixer needed! Just stir with a spoon or wisk!
1 ½ C sugar
¾ C flour
1 ½ sticks (3/4 C) margarine or butter, melted
½ C cocoa
1 ½ t vanilla
¼ t salt
3 eggs
(add a dash of cinnamon, too)

Bake 40 -45 minutes at 350. Bake in a small pan. Makes 8 servings. That's correct - there is no baking powder nor soda. You want to bake this so it's hot out of the oven at dessert time. And it's great with vanilla ice cream on top.

Comments

Popular Posts